Thursday 2 February 2017

#Kaisercraft Feather

Hi there,
here is today's project and I really love how it turned out. Thank goodness for blog surfing, it's great to help inspire you and get you thinking. My mojo had well and truly left the building, well to be perfectly honest my craft mojo  had left the universe! Big call I know bet hey.....

Anyway, I saw this fabulous card over on the Simon Says blog by the  super talented Yana Smakula. It was the colours that had me thinking and the fact that feathers were involved that ultimately saw these cards created.  I have the beautiful Feather stamp from Kaisercraft and thought this would be perfect to use for my cards.  The layout for these cards is the same as  when I made these cards.




Some cards have a sentiment added, some have no sentiment so I can add one later to suit the occasion.


 I placed the stamp in my Misti, covered the whole stamp in a light green ink and then just tapped various shades of blue, turquoise and other green inks shades over the top of this and then stamped it on to smooth white CS. I did this same technique on all the cards. I did find that sometimes by tapping the ink pads directly onto the stamp that when I stamped it I got straight edges of ink colour on my card, so to overcome this on subsequent card panels I sort of blended the straight ink pad edges with my finger directly on the stamp before stamping.....I hope that makes sense.


After I made the blue green cards I thought about what other colours could I use to create the same card but in different colour ways. Here is what I came up with....pink, oranges, yellows and reds.




A close up of the gold embossed sentiments and the gold matting behind the stamped panel and the coloured card bases.



 The stamped panel was glued to the gold mat and then they were popped up on craft foam for dimension. I think you can just see that in the photo below.


So what colour way do you prefer?

Have a fabulous day. Cheers Donna ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment