Thursday 30 June 2016

Start your engines..........




Hello "blurfers" I hope you have been keeping warm and dry today in cold and wet Melbourne. A great day to be crafting if you ask me and that is what I have been doing.

What do you think of my cool car? We have a real cool car in our garage that my hubby did up. It's  not the same model as this one, hubby's is a bit younger than this one but cool none the less. It has lots of "grunt" as they say. I have had this stamp forever, I believe it's a Kaisercraft stamp  from a set called On the Move.

I made this card for my hubby's birthday on the 28th June. I have made many cards over the years for him with this car image. All of them different. I will have to locate all of them and take photos to compare just how different they are. I hand coloured the image with coloured pencils and attempted to add shading...... I did say attempted to do shading, there is none as far as I can see. I will have to work on that, early days as far as colouring and I go people, so relax!


Once again I made a double z fold card, I believe that's what they are called. The super talented and amazingly creative Amanda from The Craft Spa has made a heap of this style card. Click on Amanda's name and check out her super easy to follow instructions of how to make one for your self. While you are there do check out the rest of her blog it's fabulous. I am forever stalking umm  visiting her gorgeous blog.  I have made quite a few of this style card now. I'll post them as I go.

Yes my hubby did like his card very much and he had a lovely day. My girl made her dad a birthday cake.....a lemon meringue pie! It's his fave so instead of the traditional birthday cake we have a policy in our house to make the birthday persons fave cake or dessert. So over the years we've had requests for  cheese cake, apple pie, apple crumble, orange cake, chocolate cake, ice-cream cake, fruit flan and the list goes on. What kinds of birthday cakes do you have?

Enjoy your day. Cheers Donna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment