Saturday 16 July 2016

Pootles' Colour Challenge 003!




Hi there,

thanks for stopping by to visit my fledgling little blog.

  Well I'm back again  to take part in Pootles' Colour Challenge 003. Click HERE to go to the challenge and see what it's all about.

While you're there have a go, you never know you may even win........ speaking of which I won last week's challenge 002! Talk about excited and shocked beyond belief, I still can't believe it. Click HERE to see my winning card.

Anyway onto Challenge 003. The colours for this challege are, Melon Mambo, Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry and Cucumber Crush, all really BRIGHT colours! You can use all the colours or just some of the colours, it's your choice.

Game on people this is what I came up with.



 The first thing that came to mind when I saw these lovely bright  colours was tropical flowers.I was a bit concerned that the Melon Mambo and Watermelon Wonder would clash a bit, but I think not....they don't look half bad if you ask me.

Details for the card are:
1. Thick whisper white card  A5 base.
2. Watermelon Wonder mat.
3.Whisper White mat.
4. Four large flowers cranked out with the big shot using the Botanical Builder Framelits. Two in Melon Mambo, the other  two in Watermelon Wonder. I stacked the two flowers together in each colour to make them look a bit fuller. They each have a Crushed Curry centre, as well as a rhinestone
5. One small flower again cranked out with the big shot using the Botanical Builder Framelits, in Crushed Curry.
6. Two fronds/greenery in Cucumber Crush.
7. Watermelon Wonder ribbon tied in a knot around the card.
8. Happy birthday from Butterfly Basics stamp set, stamped in Watermelon Wonder ink.

One last photo so you can see the entire sentiment as the knot tail sort of obscured part of it in the last photo lol!





That's it people card done. It's your turn now to have a go. Pop over to Pootles and jump into the challenge!

 Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. 

Thanks for stopping by.
  Cheers Donna :)


No comments:

Post a Comment