Tuesday 23 August 2016

Get Well....Dad

Hi there,

back with a really simple card that was oh so quick to create.



My dad has just had quadruple by-pass surgery on his heart. So I just had to make this card.

So a heart shape was a must. I then zig- zag cut it up the middle. Punched holes either side of the
 zig-  zag. I then stitched the 2 halves  together (see what I did there?) with some red and white striped linen thread. I had a band-aid stamp ( retired Stampin'UP stamp) with the sentiment "recover rapidly"  underneath the image. I I separated the image and sentiment so they could be stamped separately. The stamp featured a heart, so I punched out a red heart and popped it up on a dimensional.  I brushed my Wink of Stella over the top of the heart  so it's shiny!!! It's a pretty basic card, but I'm sure my dad will see the funny side of it all, he has a crackin' sense of humour.


A close up so you can see the details. My ever shy Wink of Stella wasn't shy today so you can actually see it in the photo lol



And one last photo for your viewing pleasure.

Hoping your day is fantastic.

Cheers Donna :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    what a cute idea!!! If I ever get sick, I want you to send me this card!
    Hope your dad feels well soon!
    BR-Monika

    ReplyDelete