Tuesday 27 September 2016

Creating your own 3D Embellishments with Thinlet Die Cuts

Hi there,
back again with  heat embossing a thinlit die cut and it looks AAAAAAMAZING!


I saw this awesome technique, faux metallic embellishments, over on an absolutely amazing blog, Jennifer McGuire Ink. Jennifer showed how to create your own embellishments using thinlet dies. She even has a video and talks you through the process. Very easy to play along at home with your own dies. So I followed along and came up with this card.

I cut out the thinlet image 3 times and glued each layer together to create a sturdy  3D tree. Next I inked over the tree with Versamark and then dipped it into copper embossing powder, zapped it with the heat gun and repeated this process 4 times to give a nice thick coating of copper to the tree. Hopefully you can see how thick the tree is in this side on photo below.


 Here's a close up of the tree. I mounted the tree onto craft card stock that I had flicked with glue and then sprinkled with silver glitter.


The sentiment was was stamped with black ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder that I had mixed with a little bit of silver glitter as well.


The centre panel was then attached to a piece of thick whisper white CS.


So what do you think? I love this idea and can't wait to do some more. Lots of ideas swirling around in my head, too many to know what to do next. I may have to start writing them down and then make my way through the list. That way I won't forget anything......lol. Well that's the plan!

Don't forget to pop over to Jennifer McGuire Ink  to check out this technique and the many other's she has, you won't be disappointed!

Have an amazing day - yes I know over use of the word amazing in this blog post!

Cheers Donna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment