Saturday 1 October 2016

A Beautiful Day Part 2

Hi there,

back again with another group of cards featuring my brand new and all time favourite stamp A Beautiful Day by Altenew. These cards were inspired by some I saw over at  Jennifer McGuire Ink. Click HERE to see the amazingly talented Jennifer's beautiful cards.


These were pretty easy to do. Again I used my MISTI- Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented and yes it is, wink, wink ;) The only ink I used was white craft ink by Stampin'Up, so these cards were quick to make. So quick that I made 16 in one go! A quick apology for the photos. I took these photos of the cards lying flat on the floor not standing up, as the lighting was not as good when I took them standing up. The coloured piece does have an even amount of white border around all four sides. I hope that makes sense?

Here's a few individual photos that show some more detail.





I did pop the coloured panel up. This time I used a sheet of craft foam I cut to size to fit behind the coloured panel to give the dimension rather than dimensionals or foam tape. It gives an even coverage of dimension that won't flatten out in dips when you post these cards. I managed to get  a few large size sheets of white craft foam for  99 cents at Riot Art. I got this idea from the super talented and amazing Jennifer McGuire over at Jennifer McGuire Ink, she uses craft foam when she makes cards to give dimension, so I thought I'd try it out. "Winner, winner chicken dinner!" I will definitely be using this from now on. If you click HERE it will take you to Jennifer's explanation of how to and why she uses craft foam. It's just a short video but very informative.




Here I have just stuck the craft foam with double sided tape to both the card base and the top
coloured panel.


This photo shows the craft foam and the dimension it gives.




I did make a couple of other cards  where I adhered the coloured panel directly to the white card base without craft foam, so no dimension. They looked good too, I just preferred the dimension the craft foam gave. Here is a photo of that style  card.


Ok so what do you think of my cards? Do leave a comment to let me know.
Don't forget to pop over to Jennifer McGuire Ink to check out her blog.

Have a terrific day.
Cheers Donna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment