I'm back again with another sketch challenge that I am participating in. The lovely and super talented Sarah Berry has a new sketch challenge every Wednesday called Strawberry Sketches
Here is this week's sketch.
I was hoping my new Thoughtful Branches would have arrived, sadly it had not . Insert a very sad face! My basic idea for the card was the same. I just substituted one of the tree images, from Thoughtful Branches that I had in mind with an image from the ever faithful, Lovely as a Tree stamp set instead.
It's sooooo shiny and glittery!
The details of the card are fairly obvious from the picture. But just in case you want a break down of all that it entails here you go:-
1. Softly Falling embossing folder used on the white card base and the elegant eggplant angled piece of cardstock.
2. A piece of white cards stock, sponged with Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy, Marina Mist and Coastal Cabana ink.
3. I flicked water from the tap with my fingers over the sponged card to give the impression of falling snow. They are rather large snow flakes aren't they lol?
4.Once CS was dry, I used my markers, chocolate chip and garden green to ink up the stamp and then stamped over the sponged card.
5. I put drops of glue on the branches and then sprinkled dazzling diamonds over the top - my version of blingy snow!!!
6. Sentiment from Jingle all the Way (I think that may be retired now. I don't have any current smallish Christmas sentiments). The sentiment flag was popped up on dimensionals.
Here's a bit of a close up to show some more detail.
I took some photos of the card standing up, but you couldn't really see the embossing properly, so I had to make do with taking the photos of the cards lying flat on my window sill!
I'm not sure about the piece of angled elegant eggplant CS. I was going to not have it and I did prefer it without. But when I looked at the sketch again I noticed a large piece of CS sitting at a jaunty (love that word) angle. I did try a larger piece of angled CS initially but I didn't like it. I think it's just me though, liking things in straight lines. I have noticed having a larger piece of card angled is all the rage at the moment. I'm not entirely sold on the whole idea of that though.
Anywhoo, after trying a smaller angled piece of CS I could just sort of live with it. So that's the story of my card.
What do you think? Have I met the sketch brief ? What's your opinion on the angled piece of card that's so popular at the moment?
Have a lovely weekend. Don't forget to pop over to Strawberry Sketches #SS004
Cheers Donna :)