Saturday 6 February 2016

Graffiti....

Graffiti anyone? Of course not I hear you exclaim! I would never do that...... but look I did .....gasp



OK not in real life, well yes in real life, but not on public property. I did graffiti on a card, such a rebel I know lol. A plethora of these cards  are on pinterest. I saw one on Julie's fabulous  blog, Julie's Japes. Click on her name to see Julie's cool card. I saved this idea in my brain, I know amazing that I even remembered lol. And tada here is one I whipped up this morning. All stamps, inks and paper are from Stampin'  Up  as well as the embossing folder. It's a little hard to see in the photo but it's a brick wall pattern, which just lends itself so well to this style of card.

My gorgeous girl has a teenage birthday party to attend today for a friend of hers. I made two cards as I wasn't sure which one my girl would like for her friend. Here is the second card, which is my personal fave and the one my girl chose in the end. Initially  she was going with the graffiti style one as I had not completed the second card when she wandered into the study.


 Isn't it cute? I love it, I did say it was my fave. I love how the little owls face is peeking through the hole in the tree.  Again all stamps, ink, card stock, punches and ribbon are from Stampin' Up, the patterned paper is a scrap of something very old from my stash. The joggly eyes are from a craft store. I saw this gorgeous card again on pinterest and basically copied it with a couple of variations. It was too cute not to do my own one. Thanks to Krista for the card she made. If you click on Krista's name it will take you to her blog to see her original card.
Here are a couple more photos for you to see of the owl card.





As you can see from the last photo I just popped the wood paneled piece up on foam tape to give it a bit of dimension. It also made it easier to insert the owl after I attached the wood paneled piece to the card first.By putting the owl in last she (yes it's a girly owl) is always perfectly placed.

So which is your fave?
Have a superb day.
Cheers Donna :)

1 comment:

  1. hello Australia, I love both cards but Ill go for the graffiti one. Nothing wrong about being a bit rebel lol. Donn, please email me at bibicameron@gmail.com your name, birthday date and address to send your birthday card. thanks. x Bibi from Scotland

    ReplyDelete